Friday, February 03, 2006

Our range camera!!!

The TOF camera is working!!! Yeah.. But not at video rate. Eventhough the chip was designed to operate at video rate, implementation in the camera restricts it to a slower frame rate (nearly real time video) due to the USB connection, I think... These are pictures from the chip we made recently...


gray scale image and range image


texture mapped range image a.k.a-3D picture

Well, the prototype range camera was made by some vendor using our chip. I think the main reason we're not getting video rate images is because the vendor displays both range image and gray scale image at the same time. This floods the USB channel with large amounts of data, hence lowering the frame rate... Maybe... I'm not sure... These are pictures of our CMOS TOF range camera. You see at the background the images of myself are shown on a PC screen...


CMOS TOF camera...

on the monitor left: grey scale me, right: range image me...

When I have the time and when I get the source code for the FPGA and C program from the vendor, I think I'll modify it a little so that you could select whether to show only range or gray scale images at standard 30fps video rate. Hopefully when I fiddle around with it, we could see some real time range images...

Izhal, Good luck noooo!!!

No comments: