Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha

So what is this day that Muslims celebrate?

"Then, when (the son) reached (the age of) (serious) work with him, he said: "O my son! I see in vision that I offer thee in sacrifice: Now see what is thy view!" (The son) said: "O my father! Do as thou art commanded: thou will find me, if Allah so wills one practising Patients and Constantcy!""

Al-Qur'an, 037.102 (As-Saaffat [Those who set the Ranks, Drawn Up in Ranks])

Nabi Ibrahim A.S.'s very serious talk with his son Nabi Ismail A.S. From this dialog, think what you would do or what your son would do??? Makes you think about sacrifices doesnt it?



Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha dari kami sekeluarga!!!

Assalamualaikum wbt semua, Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha dari kami sekeluarga di Hamamatsu...

Macamana suasana raya sana? We have not forgotten the festivities but have missed it for almost 3 years. Eventhough 3 years seem like a short time, we have missed 3 Ramadhans, 3 Aidil Fitri's, 3 Aidil Adhas, 3 Independence Day, 3 Mauludul Rasul, 3 Gong Xi Fa Chai and many other good ones where the TV programs are a little spiced up than usual. We miss the big family feasts especially during Aidil Fitri and Aidil Adha. We miss the Solat Pagi Raya and the warm weather where it is really comfortable to wear only the whole Baju Melayu suite. What I dont miss however is giving out duit raya to kids... hehehe... Actually I miss that too...

How do we spend Aidil Adha? Tak semeriah kami sambut Aidil Fitri kat sini. Today we woke up at 10.30am. I checked my email and cleaned up the house a little. Now my wife is up cooking lunch with Farish on her back, as usual. Faiq is playing with his toys. Sebelum dia mandi dia baca blog abah dia. Lepas mandi, adik pulak main toys... I'm writing my blog and I will be going to shool again after 2 weeks of break. Man I needed that break...



Adik dah mandi...


Abang surfing...













Puan Fara's Hari Raya Aidil Adha Lunch Set

Lepas mandi terkejut tengok Puan Fara sudah buat masakan special. Laju betul dia buat kerja. Nasi himpit (courtesy from my mother in law in Kepong), sambal ikan bilis, gulai ayam and nasi goreng kosong... How I intend to spend my Aidil Adha today is simple. Go to the lab, work on some timing diagrams and design a digital circuit on the PC until it works. All of this would probably start at 1 or 2pm and finish at 11pm or 12pm. My family will spend Aidil Adha at home. Since we got the Sky Perfect TV which is a satelite TV system much like ASTRO installed, they will be watching that or maybe be using the family laptop to surf around and play online games...



Sky-Pa Dish

MALAM...

My day didnt turn out like I planned. It turned out better. I got an invitation to write a journal paper and a letter from UPM containing my family's duit raya... Alhamdulillah... Actually I'm procrastenating on designing the digital part of my project, so I think I'll start writing the journal paper first... Tapi yang tak syoknye, cikgu aku nak letak nama dia author pertama... tak apalah, at least aku dapat berlatih menulis. that'll be one of my small sacrifices this year... hehehe...



Back to Aidil Ahda, how will people in holy land of Mekkah be spending it? They would be spending it in the best way of course. They are 'Allah's guests' after all... So you know what kind of celebration they will be having. The best. One day, instead of spending Aidil Adha here in Hamamatsu or in Malaysia, I would really like to spend it in Mekkah too...

Its almost 10pm. Since my plan for today isnt working, I think I'll call it a day and head home...

wasalam

No comments: